Bahri, formerly known as the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia, was established by a Royal Decree as a public company in 1978, with 22% ownership stake held by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), 20% by Saudi Aramco Development Company (SADCO), and the remaining shares listed on the Saudi stock exchange (Tadawul).
Bahri, together with its five business units, namely Oil, Chemicals, Logistics, Dry Bulk, Ship Management, follows strict guidelines to protect personal data and ensures compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
1. Defining personal data
When you use our website, we may collect information about you. This includes information you may provide or is provided about you such as:
- Contact details (such as telephone numbers, email address, address)
- User login data
- Demographic data (e.g. date of birth)
- Technical Information (IP / Cookies)
- If applying for a job, employment history, nationality, date of birth, and other relevant information to enable us to conduct background checks
We also may collect information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we collect when you visit our website. This may include, but is not limited to, websites where you publicly include information about yourself such as LinkedIn-, Twitter, job sites or from other third-party sources.
2. Collecting, processing and using personal data
- We collect, process and use your personal data in connection with your use of our website in providing you services such as:
- Registering to become a supplier
- Applying for a job
- Contacting us for partnership, supplier, or other business opportunities
- Business execution including entering into of agreements with customers, suppliers and managing relationships with such parties
We do so to provide you with the service you requested, and where appropriate with your consent or based on our legitimate interest to carry out our business operations.
3. Disclosing and sharing personal data
We may share your personal data with Bahri’s business units, affiliates or other third parties for a number of legitimate interests. We may need to do this:
- Where we need assistance from third parties to grant you access to the website and facilitate the posting of information, content and/or otherwise operate the website
- Where have a public interest or legal duty to do so (e.g., assisting with the detection of crime, regulatory reporting, litigation, or defending legal rights)
- Where we have a duty to disclose to a competent public authority, government or regulatory agency where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory compliance obligation which the relevant Bahri member is subject to or as permitted by applicable local law
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, divestment or other sale of some or all of our assets or stock, to any successor
- Where required to our professional advisers or consultants, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, accountants and insurers providing consultancy, legal, banking, audit, accounting or insurance services to us
- To enforce or apply any agreements we have with you
- To third party suppliers and vendors who we use to support our business, including but not limited to the operation, features and functionality of this Site, and those who provide information technology and system administration services to us
- We asked for your permission to share your personal data and you agreed
4. Social Media
Social media platforms also allow you to indicate your preferences to them about the advertising you receive on their platforms. Please contact your social media platforms for more information.
5. How we secure your personal data
We use robust technical and organizational measures to protect any personal information we process about you. All Bahri personnel who have access to your personal data operate under strict corporate guidelines to ensure the protection of the data and compliance with applicable local data protection laws and regulations.
6. International data transfers
We store and process your personal data in various jurisdictions, including the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Your personal data may be shared with and processed by Bahri or its business units and affiliates outside of the country in which your personal data was collected.
The laws on processing such information, including where such information is classed as "personal data", in these locations may be less stringent than in your country. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of your country. We will take all steps reasonably necessary and/or required by applicable data protection laws to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this notice and applicable law.
8. How long we retain your personal data
We will keep personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and when you use our website. Following the end of the relationship, we shall retain this for a certain period as required by law and/or to protect our legal interests. We will not keep any information for longer than is strictly necessary and when we no longer need the information, we will securely destroy it in accordance with our internal policies or anonymize it. Should you require earlier deletion, you may discuss this by contacting Bahri.
8. Your rights
Under certain applicable laws, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal data. These rights include the right to access and rectify the personal data that you provided to Bahri.
Subject to certain limitations, users accessing this website within and/or otherwise located within the European Union may have a right under applicable laws to request Bahri to provide them access to your personal data for the purpose(s) of:
- Request a copy of what personal data we have on you;
- Rectify or erase your personal data (add to or update/correct);
- Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Data Portability;
- Lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
For collection and use based on legitimate interests, you may object to the processing of your personal information. To that effect you can contact Bahri in writing at the email address provided below. Should you object to the processing of your information this may, without limitation, impede your access to the website.
9. Contact us